SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres will miss $215 million man Clayton Kershaw in baseballs North American opener Sunday night. Theyll face pretty much the rest of the $235 million roster of the Los Angeles Dodgers, who sit atop baseballs payroll perch and the NL West. Catch the action live on TSN2, starting with Baseball Tonight: Sunday Night Countdown at 6:30pm et/3:30pm pt. Padres third baseman Chase Headley said his team has a "healthy dislike" of the Dodgers, who won the division last year after going on a 42-8 run that began with a victory in San Diego. That said, the Padres welcome the prime-time spotlight, rare for a team thats lost 91, 86 and 86 games the last three seasons and hasnt been to the playoffs since 2006. "I think itll be fun," said Headley, whose future is uncertain because he and the club failed for the second straight off-season to agree to a long-term contract. "Its just a good opportunity for the Padres. Being in this market, we dont get that opportunity a lot. Itll be exciting to be the one and only game on. Hopefully well go out and play the way we can and maybe some fans that wouldnt necessarily watch us will get to see were a pretty good team." Kershaw, who last fall won the NL Cy Young Award for the second time in three seasons, was scratched from Sunday nights start on Wednesday because of an inflamed muscle in his back. He landed on the disabled list Saturday for the first time in his career. The Dodgers will turn to left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu (1-0), who won the second of two games against the division rival Arizona Diamondbacks in Sydney. The Dodgers came home leading the NL West at 2-0. The Padres, who have a relatively modest payroll of $90 million, the highest in their history, will counter with right-hander Andrew Cashner, who was 10-9 with a 3.09 ERA last year. "Its pretty neat with us being the only game in baseball on Sunday," Cashner said. "So thats a big honour for us and our city. Were looking forward to it." The big Texan, obtained in a trade with the Chicago Cubs in January 2012, has quickly ascended to the top of San Diegos rotation. Being tapped as the opening day starter by manager Bud Black "is huge for me, just the road Ive come, the injuries Ive had, just last year, learning a lot and coming around to the player I thought I could be," Cashner said. "Its a big honour." In three starts against the Dodgers last year, Cashner lost by scores of 3-1, 2-1 and 1-0, while striking out 16 and not allowing a home run in 22 innings. "Hes got a power arm and tries to keep the ball down," said Adrian Gonzalez, who was with the Padres from 2006 until being traded to Boston after the 2010 season. "We beat him three times without a homer, so hopefully well beat him without a homer again." The Padres play in a pitchers park "and they always seem to keep coming up with more and more arms," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "Cashner at the end of the year last year was filthy. Theyve got good arms, theyve got guys that play the game right and they play hard. Theyre tough because Bud always matches up with you right and left pretty good, and theyre getting more and more experience." Los Angeles season-changing, 42-8 surge in 2013 started with a win at Petco Park on June 22. The Dodgers salvaged the final two games of a four-game series. "It felt good to win those two games," catcher A.J. Ellis said. "We were definitely scuffling at that time and youre hoping that was the turn. But to go 42-8, starting with that, that was the last thing in any of our thoughts. "But it was good to see (Zack) Greinke throw the ball well, kind of kick things off and see him get healthy and in the form hes accustomed. Hanley (Ramirez) was playing; Yasiel (Puig) was up in the big leagues, so a combination of health and getting some guys hot at the right time. We knew we had the talent to do it; it was just a matter of executing and getting the job done on the field." The Padres think theyll be better this year, but already there are signs of trouble. Left fielder Carlos Quentin (sore left knee) and right-handed starter Josh Johnson (forearm) were placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday. With Quentin going down, both rookie Tommy Medica and 35-year-old Xavier Nady made the squad. Fake Vapormax 2 . It was just time for him to make a big play. Nicolas Batum had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Wesley Matthews scored 18 points, and the Trail Blazers overcame poor-shooting nights by two of their best players in a 94-90 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday. Nike VAPORMAX Black+Cherry . According to a report from the Hamilton Spectator, Infrastructure Ontario has informed the City of Hamilton and the Tiger-Cats the stadium may not be ready by the June 30 deadline. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/nike-ai...-clearance.html. - Justin Turner is at his best with runners in scoring position, and he delivered again in a big spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cheap Vapormax Flyknit 3 . The Rangers announced after Thursdays 4-2 loss to the New York Yankees that they would purchase Williams contract from Triple-A Round Rock. The 32-year-old Williams was released by Houston earlier this month after going 1-4 with a 6. Fake Vapormax Flyknit . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat.The Toronto Maple Leafs have assigned 13 players from their training camp roster to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League. Forwrads David Broll, Connor Brown, Jamie Devane, Greg McKegg, Carson McMillan, Brad Ross and Brady Vail, defencemen Eric Knodel, Andrew MacWilliam, Brendan Mikkelson and Tom Nilsson as well as goaltenders Cal Heeter and Christopher Gibson were the players sent down.dddddddddddd Mikkelson and Heeter were both in camp on professional tryout contracts. The cuts leave 41 players on the Leafs training camp roster, including 2014 first-round draft pick William Nylander and professional tryout Henrik Tallinder amongst others. ' ' '